Thursday, July 16, 2009

Randomness...

Life has been busy and good without a whole lot of pictures being taken. That is why I don't post. Here's what has been going on lately:
  • Katie (Foote), Roger, and I appeared in the Army Flier newspaper as "walking." I would just like to clarify that we don't walk, we jog. And, Katie is not trying to hold my hand.
  • Matt has decided to try to get a Ranger school slot after graduation. This has motivated weight loss and extra physical fitness on his part.
  • Roger still hates church with a passion, but as of yesterday, I am only 4 months away from nursery! YES!!!
  • I have joined Facebook which has opened a whole new world of keeping touch with people. It's been amazing finding some friends I thought I would never hear from again.
  • We hosted a couples bunco which ended up being fun and sometimes awkward (because of some silly prizes I bought).
  • Matt and I gave a talk in church on obeying the laws of land so we have cut back on speeding and taking illegal drugs.
And here's what we have to look forward to:
  • I will be participating in a 5k in Dothan this Saturday night. It will be my first, and my goal is just to finish it without walking.
  • Matt and I will be traveling to Jackson Hole late August to hang out with my parents and hopefully additional family members. (It's a tradition in my family)
  • Matt is going gator hunting in the beginning of September down in Florida. I just hope he lives through it.
  • I am getting my haircut next week and am planning to do something drastic. Stay tuned...
A couple of the pictures I did take:

A copperhead on Beaver Lake trail / Matt and Roger before our talks last Sunday

6 comments:

Adam Amy Wes said...

Look at the new faces of 'Working Out on The Beaver Trail'! Good thing the newspaper took notice after I left, I'm not exactly a picture of fitness. ;)

Katie said...

Well I'm not a picture of fitness either!(Look in the army flier, then you will know what I mean). There just so happened to be a man who wanted a picture of two sweaty girls who were NOT trying to hold hands. Thank you for finally blogging Lorie! Now I will have to get around to it too.

Mindy said...

It seems like you guys just talked in church, but I guess you are in a different ward. I am glad that you updated! Have fun with the 5k, that is awesome! You better post pictures of your hair after you cut and and picture of roger :)

This Idaho Girl said...

I am totally scouring my copy of Army Flier to find you and Katie holding hands.

Ash & Paul said...

It will be great when our boys can go to nursery, then maybe all the old ladies in church wont stare at us :) and hopefully Brayden wont push Roger around anymore though! Gotta work on that.

You guys did great on Sunday by the way...

BarrusFamily said...

Hope to make it to Jackson, at least on the weekend! Sure miss and love you guys!!!