So we are finally somewhat settled into our new place. Roger has been officially off the bottle for 2 days...it only took 6 different kinds of sippy cups to figure out that all he really needed was one with handles and a hard spout. Silly boy and silly mom. He is walking all over the place and seems proud of himself; it's funny because his hands are in the air the whole time (except when he is carrying prunes). He took a while to warm up to our new apartment but has finally adjusted.
Also, Matt is officially done with the primary part of flight school. He did really well and selected the OH-58, Kiowa helicopter as his advanced air frame. I couldn't be more proud; we pondered and discussed this decision FOREVER. It is definitely the right choice for Matt and for our family. This means we will be in Alabama and together for another 12 months, which is exactly what we wanted.

8 comments:
I am happy you will be here for another 12 months!!! :) I was going to be sad if you left sooner than that. Thats wonderful news. I want to come by and visit sometime. Are you coming to Bunco tomorrow night?
I'm glad Roger made the switch! How'd that go? It's hard to find the right sippy sometimes. Now you just have to hope that they have more when you need to buy more of that kind.
Good decision to stay together for a little longer. Hopefully, you can stay together after that too!
YAAAAAAAAAY! I have been meaning to call or text you guys but I left my phone at home all day. So whatever Nate said about Kiowa's...um, just kidding! :) ha ha We're happy for you guys!
Nice new place! I'm glad things are going well with the sippy cups. You'll have to tell me what type you are using so I can help Abby overcome the bottle addiction. She isn't going to like ditchin' her favorite thing.
Roger is adorable walking all over the place.
Hey! I just talked with Chaz about the Ft. Carson thing. We have a friend who got Ft. Carson, who is there now, but the Kiowas left Carson and he is getting transfered to Ft. Riley, KS now. Chaz says Carson is still on the board when you select but you won't get stationed there you will go to Kansas. You might be there a month or two but most likely will not even go there at all. So it is basically a wasted slot unless you want Riley. Bummer, I know. Anyway, if you hear anything different let us know! :) Congrats again!!! I'm excited we are in it together!
Congratulations on your aircraft! Mindy totally just filled me in on the good news. and congrats on finding the right sippy cup...It's a joke that we have to buy pretty much every variation to find the right one...
Congrats on finishing primary, that was 5 months of pain. My condolences on the aircraft! Pee wee warriors can be fun I hear. Not as much fun as Apaches though. Maybe you can designate some targets for me in Afghanistan eh! Had fun with you guys tonight and thanks for letting us play with Roger. Cute little kid!
Hey Lorie, Matt, and Roger-
Can't wait to see you all in a couple weeks. Maybe since you'll be there for a year or so, we can make a trip that way. We should shoot for a Disneyworld visit. Let's talk in a couple weeks!
Love you guys!
Post a Comment