7 years ago
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Fears no Longer
This weekend I challenged a childhood fear of mine. When I was younger, my older brothers would catch snakes and throw them at me. I hated it and was always so scared of them. Also, one camping trip with my sister and friends, I stepped on a rattlesnake on the way to the outhouse and ran faster than I'd ever ran before. Needless to say, I HATE snakes! Well, as of late, that dislike has slowly been diminishing and after this weekend, I realized it is gone. On Saturday, we went to the Rattlesnake Rodeo in Opp, AL. It was quite entertaining. We saw snake races, heard a local band, and ate rattlesnake, alligator, and funnel cakes. We had the opportunity to take a picture with a rattlesnake for $5, but the line was too long, and the sun was too hot.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You are very brave!!! I can't even look at your pictures they (snakes) scare the life out of me. I think I would die if I got near one. I'll probably have nightmares tonight!!
Wow, good for you! Ugh, can't say that I like snakes that much either, so way to go!
I never knew you were scared of snakes!Man, I wish I was brave enough to overcome my childhood fears... spiders and heights will always creep me out.
I miss the south and all of the crazy festivals and events there. Did you like the alligator meat? I had some on my mission and really liked it.
Post a Comment