Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Minor Victory

This may seem silly to some, but for me, it has been a big deal. Roger was born a spitter; he would spit up around 3 times every feeding. The two pediatrician's he has had told me that if I could handle it, there needn't be any intervention, as he would eventually grow out of it. So I told myself I could handle it. I was always scared for other people to hold him because he would either puke on them or smell horribly of recycled formula. There are so many articles of furniture and carpets on post he has colored with spit up. Receiving blankets and burp rags became a staple in my life; I always had one, no matter when and where I was. Roger and I would usually have to change our clothes a few times a day and I have worked extremely hard to not allow my house to smell like vomit. Anyhow, this petty little trial of mine seems to be almost over, at least the worst of it is. He still spits up, but it's usually 1 or 2 times per day and the amount has drastically decreased. He actually smells like a baby, and I love that! I just wanted to mark this day of glory and share my joy with others.

8 comments:

The Phipps said...

When our boys were babies I always had spit up on my clothes every time I went somewhere there it was so I know where you are coming from!! Glad it's almost over:)

It's A Wonderful Life-Family Journal said...

Hooray for your spit up victory! :) I feel ya on the formula smell, I feel like I always smell like baby spit up no matter how much perfume I wear. :)
The Christmas pictures of Roger are adorable! I also love the pics of Roger flying with his dad...so cute! It looks like you had a great Christmas!

It's A Wonderful Life-Family Journal said...

P.S. Sorry I just realized I signed on as my hubby. This is Em.

Anonymous said...

It is a HUGE VICTORY! Enjoy and savor it.

~The Dippold's said...

Yeah!! What a happy day!! :)

Sarah said...

Hey Lorie, this is Sarah Tate, now Sarah Bingham. I got the link to your blog from Em; I hope you don't mind. It's been fun to look through your past posts to see how are you. I take it you live in Alabama and your husband is in the army?? (are you stationed in Alabama?)

It's kind of fun to catch up with old friends via blogging!

Kattelman Krew said...

Oh the trials of motherhood, your such a trooper. I always been so caught up in Rogers cute face that I never noticed him spitting up!

YAY for you enduring one of the not so great moments of motherdhood :)

Elise said...

I've been meaning to tell you about Career Step for a while now, especially since you'd qualify for a military spouse discount. Well, they never do this, but they are offering a better deal for the next 9 days, which is $250 off. I'm out of space, but go to careerstep.com. It is medical coding and medical transcription courses that you do from home, then you can (and most do) work from home. I am the accountant there. Let me know if you are interested.