Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Summer Plans

The holiday I dreaded most this year was July 4th. I didn't want to cry in front of everyone at church when we sung the Star Spangled Banner or when they played I'm Proud to be an American during fireworks. I failed on both of those, but had a very enjoyable holiday. I decided to fly to Minnesota in late June to visit my brother and his family, then drive with them to Wyoming to surprise my dad for his birthday (July 7th). I flew by myself with the kids and by some Divine Intervention, every flight (4 total) went smoothly. Amazing. It was good not be alone on the holiday and enjoyed many bbq's and family time. Before flying back, we ventured to Mt. Rushmore and Reptile Gardens. It was A LOT of traveling but well worth it.



Driving the Gator with Grandpa, one of many times



Hanging with the girls at the kiddie pool



Enjoying watermelon at the lake with Uncle Travis and cousin Taylie



Trying on Grandpa's hat



Fireworks and safety goggles



Meeting Nana for the first time



Touching python at Reptile Gardens



He knocked this poor turtle in the head a few times...poor guy

No comments: