Thursday, June 16, 2011

The moment


Right after Roxie was born I started looking forward to the moment she met her dad. I envisioned Roger and I racing towards Matt, then right before we got to him, I would push Roger down just so I could have Matt to myself. Roxie would be sitting back in the stroller, patiently waiting to meet the man she had smiled so much at via skype. After I got my fill, I would let Matt hold Roger and then introduce him to Roxie. That's not quite how it happened, it was much better than that! Matt flew into Watertown airport (which is TINY). We watched him get off the plane, walk through the door, and Roger immediately ran to him. I let him. Roger wouldn't let go of Matt for about 10 minutes, then he let Roxie join them. It was sweet. As for me, I felt complete again for the first time in 7 months. It didn't even seem surreal to see him again, it just felt right.

3 comments:

NaDell said...

It's so funny that in your head you pushed your son down to hug Matt! Isn't it funny the way we think things will go?
I'm so glad he was able to come visit and that he's almost done!

Anonymous said...

We pray for you all every single night! We had no idea you were blessed to have Matt home for a short time during his deployment. How grand that must have been! We love you all so much and look forwad to the day we meet little miss Roxy and squeeze you all. Goosebumps and tears XOXO!

Natalie said...

Seriously, made me cry...I think about you guys all the time. So glad you got to spend some time together!