Saturday, October 9, 2010

Pregnancy update

This pregnancy hasn't been bad. I have kept fairly active, trying to walk every weekday morning. I haven't had too many food aversions, instead, I LOVE food. I'm only 36 weeks and feel like I'm going to burst, but I remember that feeling with Roger and I made it to 40. Matt will possibly deploy 10 days before her due date, and I'm torn at what I want. I know I don't want to have her the week before he leaves because then I'll be an emotional mess on top of saying goodbye. I want to say goodbye to Matt, pick up my mom from the airport, and have the baby. I know it will all work out the way it should, but I'm not too fond of the anticipation part. I do, however, need some advice from some of the other mothers out there. Roger is losing his dad at the same time of gaining a sibling. What can I do to be there for him and help him through it? Any advice is welcome!

8 comments:

Katie Webb said...

I'm going to come back and read everyone's comments. I'm curious to know the answer to those questions because we'll be in the same boat within a year. I hope everything goes well. Having your mom their with you will probably be great for you and Roger. Best of luck!!!

Rae said...

a scrapbook with pictures of daddy will help, something small that he can carry with him, they are easy to make with shutterfly. and as long as you make sure to spend with just the little guy once a week he will still know that he is special to you. i liked to play games with lj when ktv was napping. you will have to schedule it as they get older but it is fun as they age because they look forward to mommy time all to themselves. GOOD LUCK!!! its so cute to see you with a prego belly, you look soooo cute!

kaci plus said...

You could pack up and come visit Uncle Trav and Aunt Kaci. A little Roger/Toby time would help him a bunch I'm sure!

Benjamin and Jennie said...

same thing happened with Sara and her boys. Marek had a new baby brother and a month later daddy left. You might want to ask Sara Allen what she did.

4everboys said...

chaz left 3 weeks after ammon was born. what i see that has helped marek with his daddy leaving and a new sibling was when chaz left we had him bring with him mareks favorite thing (signing flash cards) so then when chaz would get on skype he would get the flashcards out and marek has really loved that and looked forward to it. we also got one of those soldier dolls and put a voicebox thing from build a bear in it (we ripped the doll open and sewed it back shut) and marek really loves that. also he sleeps with a blanket with daddys face on it so every night he can kiss him to sleep. as far as the sibling thing goes i just do as much fun stuff as i can with marek when i can. it took him a couple months to get used to all the change...(you will see this is roger i am sure...acting out, weird sleep patterns..etc) but it gets better. just know that it is normal and that everything will work out. marek just loves his brother and i am seeing it more now than ever. it is so fun. itll all work out for you so don't worry about it. you will know what to do. if you need any advice or wanna talk let me know! :)

Natalie said...

oh my goodness, I didn't realize you were so close to having your baby. I have no advice, as I have never been there. But seriously, I'm emotional for you. You are a strong woman!

Mindy said...

I really have no advice with sibilings, but make sure Matt can read books to him and send the books home with the DVD. Although Carter has no idea whats going on, I want him to get used to Nate's voice. Nate was able to do one book a week. I think it's the best thing ever!
By the way you are one cute pregnant women! :)

Reianna said...

Wow... your life is really about to change. You must have so much more strength then me. My only advice(not knowing what it is like to have a husband leave for a while) is to let your house go a little and just love and play with your kids as much as possible. Ask for help from anyone and everyone who is willing to give it. Don't leave your kids too much and make sure the help you get is meals, cleaning, etc. and not taking your kids. They need you now more then ever. LOVE...if all you do is love them, everyone will do just fine. Good luck!