Monday, October 12, 2009

Where to Start?????

Matt
He just started the Kiowa course on Friday. This means we will be out of here in either 5 months or 8 months depending on his ability to get a Ranger School slot. He is the Hispanic Heritage gate-to-gate run champion for his age group. He has been building bookcases and wine racks for friends in his spare time. Now he just studies.

Lorie
I just received Lasik surgery last week. My eyes are healing well and I can see better than I could with my stupid glasses. It is truly a miracle for me, as I have been wearing glasses for 20 years and contacts for 18 years. On top of that, I was able to get the surgery free by attending a seminar and winning the drawing for a free one. I owe it all to Dr. Woods of Enterprise and Dr. Zloty of Dothan-please see either one if you experience any eye problems and live in Alabama.
I am now trying to fill my time while Matt is at school and studying. Roger and I are outside a lot due to the current beautiful weather. We have gone to parks and sometimes go swimming.
I am almost averaging 3 miles/day on my runs, which has become very fun.

Roger
He is now sporting a real, yet subtle mohawk. He loves to try on my shoes, get my purse, and stand at the door to go outside. When we are outside, he knocks on every door he possibly can which is sometimes quite embarrassing. He is starting to eat more than pasta shells and cheese and is getting more teeth on the bottom and in the back on the top. Roger LOVES baby einstein, flags, balloons, throwing away garbage, dogs, and closing my washer door. He's so fun and very helpful.

6 comments:

Derek & Penny said...

I can only imagine how free you must feel to have full access to your house/computer room again! Thank you so much for everything. We really owe you guys A LOT. Love the pictures.

Emily Hamilton said...

Glad your lasik surgery went well. I need to be brave and do that. Looks like you guys are doing lots of great things. I love the picture of Roger with high heals. :)

This Idaho Girl said...

I've been wondering about you. If you're like me you have mixed emotions about your husband getting back to school. The down time is nice, but then the men start to drive you crazy. Then again, being home all alone can make you nuts too.

Troy and Rebekah said...

Congrats on the LASIK, I had it 7 years ago and have loved it. I only did the eye drops for about 2-3 weeks. Haven't had any problems since. Tell Matt congrats on the running thing and good luck with flight line. Hope he doesn't get a jerky IP, one in particular. If you guys get back here please give us a call. Makena needs to see her little boyfriend again! Take care and talk to you later.

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh, I love the picture of Roger in your shoes. The look on his face is adorable! How lucky to get Lasik for free. You are going to love it. I had mine done 8 years ago and would do it again in a heartbeat. Glad you guys are doing well.

thejencooper said...

Oh my gosh, Roger is getting so big! He is so cute. I'm SO JEALOUS that you got LASIK! I want to do that so bad. Oh, ya and for free? You are so lucky. That is so stinkin' awesome! That is a hilarious picture of Roger in your high heels. I love it.