Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Highlights...

From Jackson Hole, WY:

*The Pensacola Airport is only 2 hours away and fabulous. They have a USO and at the time they had an empty gate where Roger could run free for hours.

*Dallas/FT Worth Airport has the best USO ever; free lunch, candy, soda, gum, movie, a kids playroom, and a clean smelling bathroom. We were in heaven.

*There's nothing like seeing the Grand Tetons while flying in. I choked up as I haven't seen Wyoming mountains for too long!

*Matt caught a fish on Jenny Lake and we got skunked on Jackson Lake, but the views were amazing.

*We didn't sweat for 6 days! We even exercised.

*Roger was spoiled and spoiled again by his grandma and grandpa. He couldn't get enough, which was nice because I got to fix my hair and shower at any time I wanted. Quite a luxury!

*We roamed with the Buffalo, literally. (ok, in the car)

*We saw elk, antelope, fish, deer, snakes, and buffalo. No bear or moose-maybe next time!

*We spent quality time as a family and with my parents-which for me, is all I could ask for.

There was much more but it all went too fast as most vacations do. It was good to breathe Wyoming air but I must admit, it feels good to be back in warm Alabama in our own bed!

3 comments:

4everboys said...

awesome! what is a uso? roger looks like such a stud! i swear he and marek look so much alike!

Megan and Kyle said...

we're glad your back too!! Where is the USO at DFW? we fly out of there all the time!! Also I miss Jacksonhole too. My aunt lives there and my other aunt lives in Victor, ID!! It's beautiful there!!

Troy and Rebekah said...

Sounds like you had a lovely vacation. Troy and I know what you mean about the not sweating so much. Love that dry dessert air. Way to go on your 5K. You are my hero. I don't run anymore but I admire those you do.