So we have been in Alabama for a little over a year, Roger is a little over a year old, and Matt and I have been married a little over two years. We thought we would celebrate these landmarks by heading to Utah to visit family and friends. We had a wonderful trip. Thank you to all who hosted us, made time for us, fed us, and put up with us! We love you all.
We attended fun bbq's with family and friends where Roger got to play with cousins and we got to enjoy yummy food.
We went to the Hogle Zoo where Roger was not interested in the animals and absolutely hated the little train ride, as you can see. Matt was excited about seeing a gorilla and I liked seeing the snakes and bugs. We also ran into Ben, Jennie, and Pierce Taylor which was surprising and exciting!
We went to Lagoon for our nieces who were in a clogging competition. Roger got to hang with the cousin closest to him in age, Ryan. I won a Utah Jazz ball by making a shot at those basketball games. Matt and I rode Wicked and the Catapult. We also saw the Taylors again; I guess they were following us. It was a fun and tiring day!
We celebrated Roger's first birthday with big cupcakes and lots of presents. He didn't like the cupcakes or opening presents. Typical Roger. He got: coasters, hymn book, lots of clothes, universal remote, shoes, swimsuit, books, toys, anything a one year old could want or need.
9 comments:
It was fun seeing you guys and your little Roger is just adorable and sweet. Hope next time you come we'll get to see you again.
Felicitaciones !
Abrazos: el gato
Congrats! Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday Roger. He is such a cute little guy.
Happy 1 year old and happy anniversary! Looks like a great trip home!!
Hope you guys had a great time!! Can't wait to be back to Bama to hang with you again!! Definitely need to go walking again!!
It was so good seeing you all! I missed little Roger as soon as I left. He is so yummy. I wish we lived closer to each other.
WOW, did you need to buy a suitcase just for his b-day gifts? That is so a little boy caring less about the cake and gifts. We (moms) look forward to this BIG day and they just don't get it. Bless his heart.
I have been missing you! I am glad that you had such a great trip home and that you have returned safely to AL! Happy Birthday to Rog! I miss his chubby cheeks! Is he walking all over the place . . . or running by now?! Happy Anniversary too! Did you guys get to go on a hot date? I am sorry about not saying goodbye when we left. I honestly thought we were going to see you again. Sorry about that--I'm lame. I'm just patiently waiting for you to come to Korea. Ha ha!
This is way late, but happy birthday Roger!! You are the cutest little man I have ever cuddled with :) You have the best cute smile and I miss you tons. Never grow up, ok?
Congrats! You have a cute family. Crazy that LoRene is leaving CFC, huh?! :)
Post a Comment