Monday, February 2, 2009

Groundhog Day-my favorite movie/holiday

I forgot it was Groundhog Day until my friend sent me a text
I researched to find out what weather the groundhog was predicting next
He saw his shadow so I am sad to say
Six more weeks of winter will stay
I plan to watch my most favorite movie tonight
With our weather, it just seems right
So Happy Groundhog Day to you all
And enjoy this little picture of my studly doll!

9 comments:

Ashley Halsey said...

He really is a little stud! Happy Groundhog day.

Mindy said...

He did see his shadow? Darn it! I am ready for summer!

Erica said...

Lorie--- I always think of you on Feb. 2nd! Did I ever tell you that like 5 years ago I bought a "Groundhogs Day" Soundtrack to give to you....I still have it... I should send it to you with Rogers baby present that I still have not sent! Man... I am such a flake! I need to work on that!

Sarah said...

Such a cute face! Happy groundhog day! Though I must say, I don't want any more winter. We're kind of getting sick of it...

BarrusFamily said...

What a cutie. (and a stud of course!) Love you guys! Heidi came home yesterday and reminded me that is was Groundhogs Day and that he did see his shadow. I sighed and Ty said, "Honey, that's if you trust some hairy creature." O.K. but I still wish every year that he doesn't :)!

Troy and Rebekah said...

Considering that we live in the hot humid south, I don't mind having a few more weeks of this lovely yet sporadic weather. And yes, Roger is a lady killer anytime of year! Way to get creative with the ryhming verses.

Ashley Halsey said...

You weren't too late!!! The first person was just responding to a message I sent. She already won something from the same person I did. So I hope you're ready to make something for 5 people now!

Dave and Kerilynn Cindrich said...

I know we're already mid-way through this month, and our famous weatherman has already made his forecast. I had to watch that beloved movie on the 2nd, too. (I had no idea you loved it so much.) Lucky for you, your winter hasn't been NEARLY as bad as ours up here. I curse the groundhog, Mother Nature, ...and everyone else this time of year. I seriously think I have a case of the S.A.D., and cannot WAIT till this winter is OVER! (If I could hibernate, I would!)

Emily Hamilton said...

I love the picture of the little guy! He is so stinkin cute.