Thursday, December 11, 2008

Now that's what I'm talking about...

We've done some fun things lately...After Thanksgiving, we broke down on Black Friday and bought a little fake Christmas tree. I don't mind that it's little or fake, but what matters is that it makes our home feel like Christmas.When I think of a storm in mid December usually a snowy blowy blizzard comes to mind. Not in Alabama...last night I couldn't sleep because I thought our house was going to either blow away or wash away. No snow, just mass amounts of rain and strong winds. So strong in fact, we lost a few of our chairs (notice there is one out of four left, and you can see a speck of one at the top of the hill) across the meadow of grass and my plants in the front got beat up and blown over. I didn't feel so bad when I talked to my mom and she told me the high temperature in Wyoming (where we are going for Christmas) next week is -7 degrees. I'll take rain and wind any day over that!









This morning, we decided to brave the wind and go for a little jog. I was getting ready and let Roger watch some Noggin. This is what I found when I came out. He usually sleeps with the blanket like this, but he doesn't usually watch TV like this. I bent down to look at what he was doing and he was watching TV through one eye that was peeking under the blanket. Silly boy!

While Roger and I were cooped up in the house all day due to nasty weather, we decided to take some silly photos of ourselves. I realize this is not the best angle for me, but it was so much fun!

.

And this evening, Roger met Santa for the first time. I was really hoping for a "screaming baby with Santa" picture, but my son rarely gives me what I want. I didn't mind this time, as he actually behaved and let Santa hold him. He asked Santa for a winter coat and apple blueberry puree for Christmas. The picture isn't that great because we forgot to zoom in before giving it to the picture taking elf.

4 comments:

The Phipps said...

That was a scary night, our power went out in the night and we had a table and umbrella in our pool this morning. it's still in there under the water. I wish that we could get snow here!!!:)

Mindy said...

I think we have one of your chairs over at my house. :) I am surprised that roger didn't cry with santa (not that I think your baby is a "baby") but almost every kid is nervous around the big jolly guy. I guess you never know what your baby will give ya.

BarrusFamily said...

Can't wait to see you guys! Glad you made it through that nasty night! We've had a few windy nights here lately. I don't like it! Love you guys.

Our family said...

We love your little Stockton Family. Hope you like snow.