

We were also able to meet up with Roger's big Papa (the other Roger Stockton) and our Aunt Rhonda. Papa and Rhonda helped Matt and me through the past deployment SO much with gifts, emails, and phone calls. Their support was very much appreciated and it was wonderful to thank them in person. Roger got to practice the organ with Papa and proudly received one of his paintings (snow leopard, but Roger called it baby Jaguar due to Diego's influence).





When an army brigade comes home from a deployment (at least at Ft Drum) you see a TON of new vehicles driving around. I remember when a brigade got home while Matt was gone I think I saw at least 3 new Range Rovers in one drive from post to home. One perk of deployment is the pay, so it's always interesting to me to see what people buy as their "deployment gift." I have one friend who once got a Lexus while another one got a BMW. Well, our "deployment gift" was to invest in a home at Ft. Rucker, where we will be stationed next. It is Matt's dream home on a golf course. I love it too. It certainly gives us something to look forward to when we head back down south!

5 comments:
Great looking house! I cannot believe you bought it without seeing it, but I'm glad it worked out!
That's a much better deployment gift than a car anyway.
Glad to see you all doing so well. =)
That home is GORGEOUS and you deserve it!
I love your cute family. When do you head South? Know always have a place to stay in DC on your South. :) We would love to see you.
This post makes me miss Roger so much. So awesome how he is loving on those princesses.
Great house! I agree, that is a much better deployment gift than a car.
What a nice house! :) Sure beats living at Jackson Crossing again ;) haha
Congratulations on getting to go back to Alabama...I remember you saying that is what you were hoping for. And way to get in the club of buying before looking at your house. It was a good experience for us too. I'm glad to see you guys are doing so well. Little secret...I miss Alabama too. Didn't think I would, but the people were great and the area wasn't bad. Enjoy.
Post a Comment