Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Family Day




Right before our Christmas break, Roger and I were able to attend a day of flight school with Matt (all except for the flying part). It started with the daily quizzing the soldiers do with each other while drinking their Cokes. Then it was off to the classroom where I got to meet the Instructor pilots and other students. The soldiers were even asked their daily questions in front of everyone. After that, it was preflight, where Roger got bored and fell asleep. I was mesmerized by the organization of the Kiowas and Apaches at the heliport. Also, Matt's IP was VERY knowledgeable and excited to share it all with me. I learned more than I bargained for! We then traveled to a stage field where Matt would fly from. We ate croissant sandwiches and waited for the arrival of the Kiowas. I met many wives and peers; they were all very nice. I then watched Matt fly away, trying to take pictures and keep Roger from running towards the helicopters. With the exception of backing over my stroller (it's broke), forgetting my camera for preflight, and the cold wind, family day was very enjoyable!

No comments: